It’s Not About Me, It’s About You.
Yes I have played sport my whole life and lifted weights for over ten years now. However I have made countless mistakes during those times which as lead me on an endless search to figure out the science behind training and nutrition. The journey has lead me to America, Australia, the UK and even a bed in the sports surgery clinic in Santry.
What I have learnt more than anything along the way so far is the importance of understanding the science of human performance. You see we will lie to ourselves constantly and have biases and opinions based off our personal experiences. Sometimes we tell ourselves we are failures when we are not and sometimes we tell ourselves we are content when we are not. Thankfully the science has no agenda, no opinion and no perceived idea of the result. It is just what we know at this point in time.
I have won All- Ireland medals in Athletics and National Intervarsity titles in Boxing. This showed me the dedication required to achieve great goals against pretty tough odds. However I have lost more than I have won, being frustrated more than I have being over joyed and suffered the pain of chronic injury on more than one occasion. The road has been bumpy and uneven but I firmly believe I have made all these mistakes so you don’t have too.
- MSc Strength and Conditioning, Cardiff Metropolitan University 2015.
- Bachelor of Business (Honours), Cork Institute of Technology, 2012.
- Bachelor of Recreation and Leisure Management, Cork Institute of Technology, 2011.
- UKSCA Associate member.
- ITEC Sports Injury and Rehabilitation message therapist.
- EHFA Personal trainer certification.
- 7 years’ experience working as a personal trainer and strength and conditioning coach.
EMF coach Shane Kingston is a Sport and Exercise Scientist. He studied in the University of Limerick where he achieved a 1st class honours degree. Shanes experience in the health and fitness industry thus far has been fruitful; working with a wide range of individuals with various backgrounds, capabilities and goals. Areas of expertise include, nutrition, athletic performance, rehabilitation, fatloss, and body- recomposition. Shane has a passion for all things health, he believes everyone has the basic human right to live a long healthy life; and this can be achieved through regular exercise and nutrition.
Shane is a firm believer in practising what he preaches, he is constantly adapting his own nutrition and training to learn first-hand how the body responds to the latest evidence based principals. “Do as I say and do as I do!”
- BSc Sport and Exercise Sciences, 1st Class Honours Degree, University of Limerick, 2016
- Shaw Academy, Diploma in Personal Nutrition, 2016
- Shaw Academy, Diploma in Weight Loss Management, 2016
- KG Elite Performance, Level 1, Strength and Conditioning, 2014
- Irish Water Safety, Level 1-4, 2014